SELCO India provides sustainable energy solutions to under-served households and businesses in India. Headquartered at Bangalore, SELCO has brought reliable, affordable, and environmentally sustainable electricity to more than 2,35,000 homes and businesses since 1995 through its 45 Energy Service Centers (ESC) in Karnataka, Kerala, Bihar, Tamil Nadu and Gujarat. The systems are mostly financed by the banks or MFIs. Selco has received national and international recognition for its pioneering work including the Ashden Award, considered as Green Oscar.
SELCO is looking for dynamic individuals who are really passionate about application of technology to solve rural issues. The approach is to customise technology and come up with solutions based on need with an eye on long term sustainability and cost.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Location: Bangalore and willing to travel extensively
LIST OF RESPONSIBILITES AND TASKS:
- Site Survey to capture the customer requirement accurately
- Interface with the design team and propose the optimal solution to the customer
- Undertake revenue target based activities
- Convert and follow up with the customers
- Execute the project from survey to commissioning
- Interact with DISCOMS. Applying for permissions and follow-ups
- Troubleshoot any installation issues
- Vendor interactions, Negotiations for any specific requirement
- Report writing and presenting
- Training field staffs in adopting the technology
- Participation in conferences and seminars to promote technology
- Keep updated on latest trends and practices in the field and pass on recommendations to adopt the same
- Post Graduate/MBA/Rural Management or equivalent work Experience in Business development.
- Minimum 5-10 years of Experience in similar field.
- Ability to work with various organizations
- Understanding of the needs of underserved population and households.
- Diploma/B.E/M.E (any stream/ preferable Electrical/Electronics Engg)
- Minimum 2-4 years of Experience in sales/Marketing, implementation of Solar projects
- English, Kannada, Hindi.
- Familiarity in using Microsoft windows office suite
- Communication skills
- Planning and implementation skills
- Analytical Skills
- Problem solving skills
- Interpersonal Effectiveness